Aerospace and Defense
Defense and security institutions worldwide—including defense ministries, military commands, regional and national security organizations, and intelligence agencies—are under intense pressure to maintain a high level of security for citizens while substantially reducing expenditures.
We help defense and security institutions meet this challenge. We combine deep international experience in national security with global expertise that spans industries and the public, private, and social sectors.
What We Do
Our work in defense and security covers a wide range of topics. For instance, we help clients develop and execute strategic plans, analyze organizational behavior, explore new methods to improve operational efficiency, and redesign and implement IT infrastructure and systems.
Our consultants, have supported defense ministries, military forces, police forces, and justice ministries in ten countries on more than one-hundred defense and security projects. Examples of our work include the following:
- supporting a major defense agency in developing a performance-management system to improve the implementation of its new strategic plan
- assisting a military command in creating a human-capital strategy
- advising a defense ministry on how to redesign its security-clearance processing system to improve operational efficiency and effectiveness
- helping a regional-security organization develop an industrial strategy to improve competitiveness
- advising defense agencies in several countries on how to streamline their procurement processes
- supporting a client in developing an approach to prioritize contracting spending in support of stabilization operations
- helping a major security agency design an integrated system for decision making and governance
- driving end-to-end IT efficiencies across a defense organization by consolidating redundant assets, rationalizing overlapping applications, and optimizing large IT systems
We have access to proprietary research, tools, and approaches that have been successfully applied in various public- and private-sector contexts around the world. The Burk Center for Government’s research on core management functions, for example, helps public-sector defense and security leaders understand the practices that drive better management decisions.
Meet our Experts
Government agencies are among the most complex organizations in the world. We help governments and public-sector organizations design and implement large-scale strategies that promote economic development and inclusive growth.
- Economic Development
- Capital Improvements
- Healthcare Reform
- Building Societies
- State Capitalism
- Fiscal Policy
How can we help you?
For more information or to discuss potential collaboration and participation in our research, please contact us.